IT Position: Technical Support Engineer
The Technical Support Engineer is an IT position that was created to meet the growing demand for demonstrations, training and support of the company’s technical tools and services.
The individual in this position must use their technical expertise and strong interpersonal communication skills to deliver technical presentations and create technology based solutions necessary to service clients and support end-users (both external and internal).
- Prepare and deliver technical presentations explaining ESC’s systems and technical services to customers, prospects and end-users.
- Provide sales support to prospects and new clients related to ESC’s systems and technical tools.
- Create and maintain training and support materials.
- Develop end-users by providing on-going technical training and support, thereby reducing the demands on IT, increasing end-user self-sufficiency and increasing the overall satisfaction of ESC’s technical tools and services.
- Install and configure various computer systems and applications, diagnose technical problems and provide 1st level IT support to internal staff.
- Monitor and maintain the company’s local and remotely-hosted network, systems and applications.
- Perform routine IT administrative duties including server maintenance, back-ups and offsite replication in accordance with the company’s retention policy.
- Collaborate with the other members of the IT team to meet the company’s operational needs, and to identify and implement technology based process improvements.
- Work independently and as part of a team to provide customer and end-user support.
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft SQL Server (2005+), T-SQL scripting (queries, views, stored procedures), Citrix
- Desktop Services and Exchange
- Experience with Microsoft Windows Server, network management and application support
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook, Power Point)
- Excellent problem solving and interpersonal communication skills
- Public Speaking or Group Training Experience
BS in Information Technology, Computer Science or equivalent
5+ year of technical customer service and training